Pitbulls for Life Foster Agreement
I acknowledge the following policies and procedures and agree to abide by them during the entire time I am fostering dogs and/or volunteering for Pitbulls for Life Foundation of Alberta.
- I understand that my role is solely as a temporary home, and that the placement of any dogs I foster will be done by a Pitbull for Life appointed member. The final decision will be made by a Pitbulls for Life member at the best interest of a Pitbulls for Life Dog.
- I will remember in all my dealings with the public as a foster and/or volunteer that I am a representative of Pitbulls for Life Foundation of Alberta, and the public will consider my opinions to be representative of Pitbulls for Life Foundation of Alberta’s opinion and positions as an organization. I understand as an individual, I am not authorized to speak on behalf of Pitbulls for Life Foundation of Alberta’s placement decisions and understand that this is a decision to be made by a Pitbulls for Life appointed member.
- I understand that any vet care necessary for the foster dog must be pre-approved by a Pitbulls for Life appointed member. In case of a medical emergency the veterinarian at hand can stabilize to allow the animal comfort ability until a Pitbulls for Life appointed member has been contacted for approval of any medical procedures deemed necessary. I accept full responsibility if any veterinary bills are incurred without approval.
- I understand that I will incur costs during fostering and/or volunteering for Pitbulls for Life Foundation of Alberta that I am not eligible for reimbursement unless pre-approved by a Pitbulls for Life appointed member. Items that will be supplied by Pitbulls for Life Foundation of Alberta is as follows: general veterinary care, an appropriated size kennel, collar and leash (if available), city/town license (excluding Edmonton or any other town/city with restrictions against Pitbull and Pitbull type breeds).
- I understand that Pitbulls for Life Foundation of Alberta cannot guarantee or be held responsible for the temperament, behavior, or health of the foster dog that I may handle. I am aware that a foster dog may cause damage to my personal property, other pets or humans. I will keep my foster dog securely contained and safe at all times while in my care, and will not let them off leash in a non-secured area.
- I understand that my current pets may react adversely or unpredictably in the initial days of receiving the foster dog and agree to follow the how to introduce a foster dog guide provided by Pitbulls for Life Foundation of Alberta’s Foster Coordinator. I agree to follow standardized training method provided by Pitbull’s for Life and it’s approved affiliated trainer
- I understand that it is my decision to foster a Pitbulls for Life dog and/or volunteer. I will not hold Pitbulls for Life Foundation of Alberta liable for any damages, injuries or harm caused directly or indirectly through my fostering and/or volunteering with Pitbulls for Life Foundation of Alberta. I understand Pitbulls for Life uses their fostering program as an additional assessment tool, beyond their preliminary assessments and accepting a dog into the program, and agree to provide truthful feedback as to the nature of the foster dog.
- I understand that my foster and/or volunteer position will be terminated if my conduct is deemed in opposition of the mandate of Pitbulls for Life, or detrimental to the best interest of Pitbulls for Life Foundation of Alberta or the foster dog.
- I have read thoroughly and understand the animal services bylaws in my area of residence and fully understand that fostering for Pitbulls for Life is at my own risk. I understand that I am fully responsible for the fine incurred for having an unlicensed restricted breed.
- I understand and agree to all of the above statements and support the mandate of Pitbulls for Life Foundation of Alberta. I understand that this form must be received and approved by Pitbulls for Life Foundation of Alberta before I do any fostering and/or volunteering work for the organization.